Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day

"Guess what today is!"

"What?" Joseph asked.

"It's Leap Day. Do you know what that means?"

"No," said Elizabeth.

"I means we have to jump everywhere we go all day long."

"I don't think that's what it means," Joseph said, looking at me skeptically.

"Of course it is, silly."

"But Mama, that's not what Mrs. H said."

"Mrs. H may not know. After all, did she know why the moon was a crescent?"

"Yes. Because of the sun."

"Not that reason," I said. "Did she know the moon was smiling because it was happy to see us?"

"I don't think that's right either," Joseph said slowly.

"What ever."

I swear. Kids these days have no imagination.

2 comments:

Anne @ Always Half Full said...

Darn school.  Teaching them facts about stuff.

Cheryl Kohan said...

That's a mighty delish looking recipe.  Will have to give that a try even if it's not veggies. :-)