Typically, when left to my own devices, I turn out lovely grilled zucchini and eggplant. Occasionally, I'll toss a piece of fish or a pizza on the barbecue, but when it comes to actual meat, I'm afraid the grill is more vegetarian.
Enter my friend Matt.
The man is apparently a carnivore which means when I say BBQ he thinks ribs.
I was skeptical, but these suckers turned out so good, I had to share the recipe. (With his permission. Geez, people. I don't plagiarize. Often.)
PLEASE NOTE: You need to marinate these guys for eight hours. Start them the night before.
Slow Cooked BBQ Pork Ribs
You will need:
1 c. sugar
1 T chili powder
1 T garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp thyme
Peach BBQ Sauce (We used my homemade version, but store bought works too. Did that sound smarky? It seems smarky.)
Pork Ribs
1. Combine the dry ingredients in a pint jar and shake, shake, shake it like a Polaroid picture.
2. Pat the ribs dry and rub the dry mix on the front and back.
3. Lay the ribs on a sheet of tin foil. Pour the BBQ sauce on top of the dry rub and flip, pouring it on the other side too. Wrap in foil and stick it in the fridge for eight hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 300. Put the ribs, wrapped in foil still, in a roasting pan (just in case you're not a very good foil wrapper) for 2 1/2 hours.
5. While you're waiting, start to drool.
6. After 2 1/2 hours, unwrap and put them on the BBQ on low for 1/2 hour.
7. Serve with warm BBQ sauce and prepare to pig out. (Bad pun.)
Enjoy, my dears!

1 comment:
looks yummy! & I love ribs
Post a Comment