Monday, March 12, 2012

You're a Firework, Baby

"I don't like this song."

"Why not, baby?"

"It sad."

"No it's not. It's a good song. It's about being brave and strong and facing fear."

"It sad."

"Oh, honey. Let's watch the video, okay?"

"Okay."

"See? That boy and his little sister are afraid. Their daddy isn't very nice. And that girl can't see she's beautiful. And that little girl is very, very sick and she has to fight the bugs in her body."

"How?"

"The doctors are helping her."

"Oh. It sad."

"No, baby. Watch. See? Now the boy is being brave and protecting his family. And the girl sees that she's beautiful. And that man? He's going to be very brave and let his heart tell him what to do."

"Why is the mommy screaming?"

"Oh sweetie. She's doing the very bravest thing. She's having a baby."

"Is she happy?"

"She's very happy and very strong and very brave."

"Is the baby brave?"

"Yes. Now watch this man make something very scary into something magical."

"In his heart?"

"Yes. Right here in his heart. You have to remember that, baby. You have something very special right here in your heart. You are amazing."

"I am."

"You are very brave and strong and kind. You come from strong women and we're all a little part of you. Never hide what's inside of your heart."

"Okay."

"Do you still think it's a sad song?"

"No. I firework too."

"You are, baby. You are."

"I want purple hair."

"We'll talk when you're a bit older."

1 comment:

Karen @ Time Crafted said...

Though I haven't let my girl see the video, Katy Perry's FIrework is her favorite song! (That and now she's added Bruno Mars', Just the Way You Are to her favorites list.)  Love the message and think you described it perfectly to your Baby.  Way to go, Mama! :>