Not only did Monday herald Daylight Savings Time Jump, but it also signaled my first day of work at my new job.
Let's start with the Dreaded Daylight Saving Time.
As I've mentioned before, I'm not a morning person.
Yet the whole world seems to be set up, organized, and scheduled by morning people. Look at our regular work day: 8-5.
Which brings up the secondary side note, what happened to 9-5 with a paid hour lunch? Do we actually work more hours now? Is it just my imagination? Running away with me?
I'm obviously delirious.
Back on track.
The whole world seems to be set by morning people. This puzzled me. Until I realize what must have happened.
Those damn early birds must have called a meeting while us night owls were sleeping in.
Sneaky.
So with DST and a new job that starts a half hour early, I've been waking in the dark. And wondering why the harp that heralds my day is sounding in my ear. And I've been falling asleep by 9. After getting home at 5. Which means my writing time has been severely cut.
The point of this whole post is, bear with me, kids. If I don't post every day or don't get a chance to respond to emails and comments, it's not you.
It's me.
And those #$(&$# early birds.
1 comment:
Damn early birds . . . really, the time change is bad enough, but when you add kids & dogs, who completely don't understand why or how, it's just plain evil.
And I'm an "early riser." I'm up most every morning to run or cycle or do something active, but I wasn't invited to the damn planning session . . . because, if I were, every Sunday would be "fall back Sunday."
Post a Comment