I'm grouchy.
Because on my way to work, I started to think I might like a scone.
A maple pecan scone from Starbucks.
And before you say anything, I know I don't need a scone. But I tried one there a few weeks ago and it was divine and filled with heroin which made me crave another this morning to go with my Earl Grey.
And I knew there was a Starbucks on my way to work. On my way-ish. And I was actually on time which meant that a quick stop would only make me a few minutes late.
So my hands turned the steering wheel towards mecca and scones. My mouth watered at the thought of the sweet flakiness of the maple pecan scone. I pulled into the parking lot. I got out of the car into the freezing cold air. (And yes, Cam. It was freezing cold. My car's gauge said it was "icy".)
I walked in to the buzzing 'bucks.
The line was to the door.
But there were four baristas and two registers, so I thought it would go quick.
I was wrong.
I waited five minutes - timed - and the line moved forward by one person.
There were 14 people ahead of me.
All ordering coffees. I wanted to shout, "I just want a scone! And I have cash! It'll only take me two minutes!"
But that sort of behavior is frowned upon in our society.
So I left the line and got back in my car and drove to work where ate oatmeal.
Which, by the way, doesn't taste like a scone.
And I don't want to hear that it's healthier.
And yes. I'm still sick. Why do you ask?
12 comments:
I'm so giggling.
It was 43 today, and my husband had the windows open.
They should have a "pastry only" line. That would be nice... all those fancy coffees take forever!
Don't even get me started on their cranberry bars.
And yes, they make me crabby too.
Cranberry bars? Are they filled with cocaine?
Yes, yes, YES! In fact, maybe I should write a letter suggesting it and in the process get us a couple free pastries...
When it's 43, the kids are in their "parkas" and actually wear socks. And boots.
you starbucks people are so cute.....
I have to say they have great banana bread too...also, drive through is the only way to go..;O)
No drive throughs in SLO. :(
The sad thing is that I'm not a Starbucks person. In fact, up until a month ago, I could count on one hand the number of times I'd been. Then, I went with an addict, tasted a scone, and the rest is a sad cautionary tale.
Oh, they sure know how to get you in their door, don't they? For me, it was the peppermint mocha. And when it's not holidays, I get a cafe mocha with a few shots of pepperming.
I'm a Starbucksaholic so stand in line ALL the time, like a dolt. I'll tell myself, this.is.it. NO more.
Until the next time. Those darn latte's just call my name...like a siren's song. Darn Starbucks.Darn foamy coffee drinks.Darn stupid ME!
Post a Comment