Friday, October 22, 2010

Week Word - Joy

Sally from sowandsew chose this week's week word.  And what a wonderful word!

What is joy to me?

Joy are moments composed of pure light and color.

Joy is happiness that nearly bursts your heart.

Joy is holding hands with my sisters while we jump waves.

Joy is meeting my niece and nephews.

Joy is sitting on the floor with my best friends in an empty living room, collapsed in laughter and exhaustion, surrounded by moving boxes. 

Joy is first kisses. 

Joy is falling in love.

Joy is dancing in the moonlight, surrounded by an ancient stone circle.

Joy is...

marrying the love of your life.


Joy is...

taking your son home.



Joy is...

holding your daughter.


Joy is...

seeing your love reflected between two young souls.



Joy is...

7 comments:

Domestic Scribbles said...

Love pictures of your babies, but best of all is your joy on your wedding day. Your laugh/smile says it all.

jenhiatt said...

I agree. The picture of your wedding day is awesome!

Great post.

Katrina said...

I have to say you have finally done it, I am usually pretty good when reading your blog posts, this one brought a tear to my eye. Okay maybe two...

Anonymous said...

That's one of my favorite wedding pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

Love it. I also love the wedding picture. My favourite wedding picture is a candid one where we were caught unawares, too. (Although in ours we're having what we think is a secret kiss...)

Ashley said...

Awww...This was great! Your family is beautiful! I so agree...nothing could have prepared my heart for seeing the love between my son and daughter. Absolutely incredible. When they're being sweet like that, it makes me want ten more. Until one throws something at the other and then I'm good for now. =)

Christine E-E said...

omg... I've missed my computer & blogging... but catching up now. This is the best post! I love your honesty about what brings you JOY. AND, the pic of you & Chad getting on your wedding day & the kids make me melt... love your JOY!