Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Fresh Coat of Paint

Never underestimate the value of a fresh coat of paint.

A few years ago, I bought two tables at Pier 1 to flank my front door.  Well, kids, the heat, the sun and the water really took a toll on these little guys.  They faded.  They got stained.  They started looking a little trashed.

Fine.  They started looking a lot trashed.

But the table itself is so cute!

What to do?  What to do?

I decided to buy a can of spray paint in glorious cherry gloss.

I set the tables up outside and...an hour and $3 later, the finished product looks fresh and clean and new.

And ready for a pot of spinach and green leaf.

4 comments:

Christine E-E said...

ohhh.. spray paint is my "best" decorating friend... have you ever tried the "hammered effect" spray paint? very cool - I was updating my lamp bases & used a bronze hammered spray paint... turned out great!! looks like the bases were always bronze hammered (appears as little dents in the paint - without the dents)... hard to describe.

Christine E-E said...

btw - those ARE very cute tables... how about a pic to show where you put them? in the house? on the porch? with plants on top? a basket underneath?

Sophie said...

cute little tables! I think it they were outside my house they might actually get nicked by passerbys!

Anonymous said...

Chris - I haven't tried that type. I did try the "crackle" spray paint once with amazing results.

I'm going to put them on either side of my door with tin tubs of spinach and green leaf lettuce. Or maybe I'll go with flowers.

Sophie - I actually had a neighbor stop to see if she could buy them. Good thing she didn't ask my husband...they would have been gone by the time I got home!