Sunday, October 24, 2010

Conversations...

A day in our house...

---------------------------------

"Hey babe?"

"Hmm?"

"Am I an alpha male?"

"No.  Why?"

"Wait.  I'm not?  You're not supposed to say that!"

"Well you're not an omega."

"Do we know any alpha males?"

"Probably."

"But I'm not one of them."

"Baby, if you have to ask..."

"Well, I think I'm kind of an alpha male."

"No.  You're a..." I paused searching my mind.  "You are a lone wolf.  With a mini pack."

"Oh.  Okay.  I can live with that."

------------------------------------

"Mommy!  That was the best movie ever."

"Totally!  I still have goosebumps!"

"When I grow up, can I train a dragon?"

"I think that's a fabulous idea."

"And can I be a Viking when I grow up?"

"Absolutely!" I pause, "Hey Joe?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I be a Viking when I grow up and train a dragon?"

"I think that's a fabulous idea, Mommy!  But only if you train a blue dragon."

"Deal."

-----------------------------

"Oh my God, Chad!  Do you remember this song?!"  I started dancing to Lou Vega's Mambo #5.  "A little bit of Monica on the side," I sang, twisting my hips and dancing around the living room.

"Yeah...this was a pretty big hit."

"I loved it.  It was my go-to song for getting ready for a date. Bam! Bum bum bu--ow!"

"What's wrong?"

"Oh Lord.  I think I just threw my back out."

"You've got to be careful with the Mambo."

4 comments:

Katrina said...

1st, you are supposed to let the man THINK he is the alpha male, when we know the truth..

2nd, Why the blue dragon??

3rd, wish good memories came with that song for me, Maddie's dad used to sing it to me, cuz it has my name in it. Real original :)

Anonymous said...

Trina -

1. He caught me unawares! lol

2. No clue, but I liked the blue dragon, so I'm cool with that.

3. The only name that song didn't mention was mine!

Andrea said...

Oh that last part is HILARIOUS! I loved that song, too. :P

Anonymous said...

Andrea - It was the BEST. I remember jumping all around while getting ready for dates and just feeling so energized. Now, of course, I finished the song so sore!