Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sweet Potato Gnocchi Recipe

Remember that gnocchi I made a few weeks ago?  Well, I decided to give it another whirl and try to make it somewhat healthy.

Healthy if you consider butter good-for-you.  And I do.  As evidence by my hips.  But I digress.

Sweet Potato Gnocchi in Brown Butter and Sage Sauce


1 large sweet potato
2 potatoes
1 egg
1 1/2 c. flour

Sauce:
4 T butter
16 sage leaves
salt and pepper to taste

Make gnocchi following this recipe.  (I was totally going to post it again, but I hate to be repetitious.)

While the gnocchi is hanging out, cooking...

Melt butter in a 12" saute pan.  (Or, in my world, the large frying pan from your boxed cooking set.)  When the butter turns light brown, turn off the heat and add the sage leaves. 

Drain gnocchi and toss with the butter sauce.  Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with shredded Romano.

Enjoy!!

No comments: