Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Swim, Little Fishies

We are on Week 2 of swim lessons.

Joseph still doesn't like them.  A part of me feels awful that I'm making him do something that he doesn't care to do, until I remind myself that water safety isn't an option.  He has an amazing instructor and somehow lucked into being the only child signed up for his time slot.  Private lessons for the cost of group lessons.  *virtual high five*

Sorry...just realized how lame a virtual high five is after you all left me hangin'.


She's pushing him a bit harder than I would, but we're seeing a lot of improvement.  He's actually going under water and swimming one or two strokes.  This is a big deal for my little man.

As for Elizabeth...Miss E loves the water.  As long as she doesn't accidentally get dunked or splashed in the face.  Honestly, who does?  Our Mommy and Me class is small and friendly.  (And bikini-free.  At least on the mommies.)  Elizabeth's the youngest, but she loves playing with the other "babies".  Or maybe she just loves the rubber duckies.


Three more days and swim lessons are over for the year.  I'm having a hard time realizing that the next time I put my kids in lessons, Joseph will be getting ready for school and I'll be yelling at Elizabeth to "walk, not run" around the deck.  Pardon me while I hyperventilate.  While I'm breathing in a paper bag, here are a couple more pictures...


No comments: