Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Uncommonly Good

I know I'm supposed to be thinking about Christmas presents right now, but I've also got a few birthdays and one very important anniversary niggling at my brain.

Birthdays in December and January are tough - or so I've been told by my dear friends who were Christmas and New Year's babies.  I'm so guilty of focusing more on Joy and Peace than Carrie and Ray.

Mates For LifeMost of December is a crazy whirlwind of crafting - even though I keep saying I'm going to start in September, we all know I never do. Every year, I focus on a particular Fantastic Craft Project and get to work only to remember, usually at midnight, that I've forgotten to think of something for my friend. Thank God for Uncommon Goods where I can get my friends something unique and awesome and won't be burning my fingers with a glue gun.

On top of that, my parents made the stellar decision to get married on New Year's Eve. In our family, we traditionally get our parents a gift for their anniversary. When we were kids, we made them things like storage boxes made of yard sticks or hand beaded jewelry. We usually included a kid-made dinner (I shudder to think). This was all before Pinterest, people. We were crafting rock stars.

Tea from Around the World SetWhile I'm sure that they'd love anything we sent them, I'm thinking we're all old enough now to buy them something they wouldn't ever get themselves. Something that maybe celebrates their love - because seriously...those two are ridiculously in love. Or maybe something to put all the treasures their grandkids and children send them.

Of course, the danger is that I get side tracked with gifts for me. Because seriously... In case you're wondering...that's TEA from around the WORLD.  *hint hint*

We won't even get started on the sea glass ring or sea glass necklace. I mean, it's not like I don't have enough sea glass around my house. (There is no such thing as enough sea glass.)

*sigh* I'm just going to leave this post and that and head over to Uncommon Goods and fall happily down the rabbit hole. Because right now? My OCD heart is singing for this ticket stub diary.



This post was sponsored and compensated by Uncommon Goods. The views, however, are completely my own because even before they contacted me, I looked forward to the days their catalogs would fall into my hot little hands and I could drool and dream over their gorgeous goods.

1 comment:

julie gardner said...

I am a generous person but a terrible gift-giver.
I mean AWFUL.

I take no joy in shopping and never feel like I've "nailed it" in the department of finding just the right thing.

This website might be my saving grace.
Thanks for sharing!