Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Slow and Steady

I keep telling myself slow and steady will win the pace.

Myself is now shouting back, "Are you friggin' insane?"

Last night I had an evening alone. I opened a bottle of wine, made myself a turkey sandwich, turned off Facebook Chat and Skype, and sat down to write.

I made it three thousand words before I ran out.

Don't get me wrong. I know where my story needs to go, but after I hit the big 3K, my hands just couldn't type any more.

Maybe it's because I tried to write after a busy day at work where I sat on my bum and typed all day long.

Or maybe it was just because 3K words is actually a good number and would be phenomenal if I wasn't, you know, so far behind.

I want to finish this. I want to win it. I don't have to be done first - let's be honest, those people take crazy to a different level. But I do want to finish this and put that little button on the side of my blog that says I'm a winner.

Tonight, the kids are back with me and I have two meals to moms to deliver after work. My kitchen is trashed at a level that could be considered a health code violation. I find myself wishing for a combo nanny/cook/housekeeper/clone who can go to work for me while I write.

Anyone want to volunteer?

The goal tonight is another three thousand.

Go Team?

3 comments:

Angela Amman said...

Of course Go Team! You can do it. But if you find that free housekeeper/do-it-all person, please send them over when you're finished :)

Kirsten Piccini said...

would it help for me to say "YOU'RE always a WINNER TO ME!!"? seriously darlin, just keep "swimming" you'll get there...I know you will..there are cookies and cocktails on the other side. xoxo

John said...

Go Team! I've decided that "Slow & Steady wins the race" is outdated. "Slow & inconsistent" is the new winner. It must be, because that's what I have going for me.



Some day, I'll write, a lot, day after day. Those days are not here now.