Monday, November 5, 2012

Reporting from the Nano-ing

I'm coming up for air.

So far, I'm on track with NaNoWriMo. On track being that I've logged in enough words that if I keep it up, I can complete the goal of 50K words by the end of the month.

But I'm already seeing where it can be wearing.

And exhausting.

And I'm already thinking it'd be nice to take the glass of wine I poured and plop on the couch to watch bad reality TV.

But I'm determined to finish.

Chad's one complaint - okay, there was more than one, but only maybe two and really is over party planning really a con? - was that I didn't always finish what I started. I call it reallocated time to more worthwhile or interesting activities. He called it quitting.

But this time, I need to finish to prove to myself I can. To finish a book means I'm taking it seriously. It means I'm not letting fear that I'm writing crap overtake me.

Because honestly, let's not put the cart before the horse.

Still, it's only day five and I'm already feeling a bit worn around the edges. I'm thinking by day 25, I'll be in a nut house. Which means I'll be able to write in peace and quiet.

Win!

Bear with me, kids. It's going to be a crazy month.

2 comments:

Angela Amman said...

Can I come to the nuthouse with you? I could use some quiet writing time. (Also, NaNo Cheerleader High Kick!)

Cameron said...

You can DO EEEEEEEET!!!