Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaNoWriMo

So last year, I had this crazy idea that I'd try NaNoWriMo. Of course, then I moved on October 26, didn't have my computer set up for two weeks, and well, yeah.

What's NaNoWriMo? Why it's National Novel Writing Month aka the Writing Marathon aka Lots of Smelly Writers Month aka Increased Drinking Month aka Let's Just Hide Under Our Desk and Eat Chocolate Month.

This year, I'm going at it again, but a bit more seriously, as in, I'm actually going to write.

I even outlined.

And, because I like to stack this sort of deck, I started early.

Then, yesterday, on the eve of the marathon, changed my mind and decided to go a different direction.

So, after trick or treating, I outlined again.


And now, for the next month, I'll be pounding away at my keyboard, racing the clock to try and complete 50,000 words in 30 days.

Please send chocolates, wine, high fives, and, right around Thanksgiving, care packages of food for my children. Go Team Mandyland! (Admit it. You can totally see the tee shirts.)

4 comments:

Katie Kahler said...

Awesome!!!!!! Good luck!

Angela Amman said...

Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah! Goooooooo Mandy! *insert high kick here*

Karen said...

Go Mandy, GO! Go Mandy, GO!

Okay, so I was the farthest thing from a cheerleader. Ever. Actually, I was a Band Geek. As in polyester, bell bottom, kick flare marching band uniform pants from hell, Band Geek. But, I sure had a good time. And because of that, and a li'l thing like that talent flag you wave, I'll be happy to cheer you on!

Go Mandy, GO! Go Mandy, GO!

And I'm writing too. Maybe you can spur me on or plain ol' inspire me with a funny hashtag or two. I'll be on the lookout for 'em!

Rani said...

Go Girl!!!!!