Monday, March 5, 2012

Strawberry Lemonade Recipe

Today is my first day of training at my new job. This means that a) I had to get up an an ungodly hour; b) I worked a full nine hour day; c) I'm more than likely wallowing in mommy guilt for not seeing my babies; and d) I might just be brain numbed from learning new names.

All of that means that e) I'm going to give you a recipe.

The weekend was, as I mentioned, hot. Hot as in gorgeous rather than hot as in summer hell. Still, with a bag full of lemons donated by a friend and a pint of strawberries from farmer's market, I decided it was time to pretend it was summer.

Old Fashioned Strawberry Lemonade


You will need:

2 cups water
1 cup sugar
1 cup fresh lemon juice
1 T lemon zest
1 pint strawberries, pureed
2 cups water (No. This is not a repeat. I mean, it is. But it's on purpose. Just keep reading.)

1. Put 2 cups water and the sugar into a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, stirring so the sugar dissolves.

2. Remove the simple syrup (because that's what you've just made) from the burner and add the zest and lemon juice. Let it cool down.

3. In a pitcher, combine the strawberries, the simple syrup and lemon mixture, and two cups of water - or club soda if you want to get fancy.

4. Stir, chill, enjoy!

No comments: