Wednesday, February 8, 2012

BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe

Ever have one of those nights when you stare in the fridge and wonder what the heck is for dinner?

That's kind of a nightly thing for me.

Sometimes though, I can take a few leftovers, add a little mad dough skill and hit it out of the ballpark. Such is the case with BBQ chicken pizza.

BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe


You'll need:

1 cooked chicken breast, shredded or chopped
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 bottle BBQ sauce
1 1/2 c. shredded mozzerella
Cilantro - fresh or dried

Pizza dough (either store bought or homemade)

Let's start with the pizza dough. I make my own, which isn't really as difficult as you'd think. I use this recipe from Cat Cora. Seriously. It's easy.

1. Now...roll out your pizza dough on your pizza pan or cookie sheet.

2. Cover with BBQ sauce, spreading it out towards the edges.

3. Top with cheese.

4. Add onions, chicken, and cilantro.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown.

That's it! Quick, easy, and impressive. At least to the under 6 crowd.

8 comments:

Carrie Meadows said...

Hells yes.

Little Gumnut said...

sounds delicious!

Mad Woman said...

YUM! We just had some homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza at a SB party... and now I don't have to ask that weird dude for his recipe. Gracias!

Kpiccini said...

YUM...I just might try this..it sounds so good! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

mandyland said...

It IS good. I hope you give it a whirl...

mandyland said...

That's me. Saving you from some weird dude. :D

mandyland said...

It was!

mandyland said...

For the record, Joseph is going chicken free (??) so I made it again without and still delicious.