Wednesday, October 6, 2010

BodyMedia FIT - Week 3

Tactile 60 inch Tape MeasureThree weeks using the BodyMedia FIT and first, let me say...

I lost one pound this week.

Cue ticker tape parade.

No.  Seriously.  There is zero sarcasm in this post.  I lose weight at an incredibly slooooooow rate.  A full pound in a week is cause for celebration.

So.

Like I said.

Cue the ticker tape parade.

Thank you.

As for the BodyMedia FIT itself...I still love it.  I don't actually feel it on my arm any longer and have even slept through the night with it on.  (81% sleep efficiency, thank you very much.)  It is getting harder to stick with the meal logging, but I know how important that is.  I had two days last weekend that I didn't log my calorie intake.  Bad.  I know.  But I couldn't find a calorie count for a roasted veggie sandwich with goat cheese.  Or Indian Fry Bread.  (Oooohhh...I bet you're wondering where I went.  Details to follow.  Don't worry.)  Then too, we were out and about all weekend, making it hard for me to log in.

This is when it'd be seriously cool if I had an iPhone or a Crackberry or even something that does more than dial a number.  Something with quick Internet access so I could log my food on the go.  Chad told me pen and paper work just as well.

Spoil sport.

I'm still shocked at how few steps I take each day.  It's inspired me to walk more - even if it's just to pace around my house.  When I'm putting away dishes or cleaning house, I'm much more...aware...of the calories I'm burning.  By the way...scrubbing a tub?  Big calorie burner.  Huge.

So...bring on Week 4.  Big numbers, no whammy!

No comments: