Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thank You

Part of my vision board (or vision quest, as Chad calls it) regards friendship.  I've been thinking a lot about my friends and realized, I haven't said thank you in a long time.  And when I think of showing my appreciation to my friends, only one thing pops in my head...

The Golden Girls theme song.  What?! Don't tell me it doesn't pop into your head. 

Liar.

Thank you for being a friend.
Traveled down the road and back again.
Your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidant.

Thank you my dear friends who remember me as I was before kids, before marriage.  Thank you for going with me to see Spice World, for driving me home when I got drunk, for comforting me after a break-up, for making sure that I didn't go home with that strange (but gorgeous!) man.  I may have been mad at the time, but I thank you now.

I'm not ashamed to say
I hope it always will stay this way
My hat is off, won't you stand up and take a bow.

Thank you to my dear friends who witnessed me starting the Marriage Adventure.  Thank you for listening when I waxed poetic about how "perfect" Chad was, got lost in thought while I contemplated how "perfect" Chad was and then didn't say a single word when I realized he wasn't. 

And if you threw a party,
Invited everyone you knew.
You would see, the biggest gift would be from me
and the card attached would say,
Thank you for being a friend.
 
Thank you to my dear friends who help me as I journey on the path of motherhood.  You save my sanity.  You bring me meals when I'm too exhausted to cook. You ease my fears. You give me hugs when I think I'm going to break apart.  You remind me daily that you're there for me, that a messy house will eventually be cleaned and every child is potty trained by the time they start Kindergarten.
   
With walking canes and hair of gray.
Have no fear, even though it's hard to hear,
I will stand real close and say,
Thank you for being a friend.

I've met you at work, reverse trick-or-treating, via mutual friends, in gardening group, on forums and through blogging.  You span the age range from 22 to 62.  You give me so very much:  wealth of knowledge, energy of youth, commiseration of someone going through exactly what I am.  I truly appreciate you and all you do - even though I may not always say...

Thank you for being a friend.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

First and foremost I would like to say I cannot believe you know the entire golden girls theme. I am scared but not surprised. I consider my self lucky to be your friend. Although the last few years have been long distance, that has not weakened us at all :) <3 ya chick!

..oh and your welcome! :) C'mon someone had to say it...