Monday, July 26, 2010

Dum Dum De Dum

Do you remember Chad's old roommate?  The one who served creamed corn at a BBQ?

After years of searching, he found the love of his life and yesterday, sealed the deal in a cliff top wedding.  It was beautiful.  The bride was stunning in a beaded concoction.  The groom was stunned in...well, really.  Who pays attention to what the groom wears?  The moving ceremony was followed by a reception with great food, lots of laughs and delish cake.  Over all...fantastic.

I'm so very happy for Ryan and his new bride.  He's a great guy who has finally found that special person to share the rest of his life.

In the meantime, Chad and I got to relive the magic of a wedding day.  Watching a couple pledge their troth reminds me that love is strong enough to overcome all obstacles.  Love is a growing, living thing that, as the years go on, changes and encompasses who we are today as well as who we were yesterday.

Yes, yes. I know.  I'm a romantic.  I can't help it.  And no, it's not the romance novels that I devour by the dozen.  It's spending my life as a witness to my parents' love story.  You can't help but believe in true love, love conquering all, soul mates and romance when you are in a room with them.

And I'm finally old enough not to get grossed out when they start making out on the couch in full view of their children and grandchildren.

Well...almost old enough.

No comments: