Friday, April 16, 2010

Easter

Can you believe I haven't posted about Easter yet?

Well, actually, the way the month is flying by...

Can you believe I'm already posting about Easter?

We hosted brunch again, making the delish quiches that I debuted last year.  I love quiche.  So simple.  So quick.  So yummy.

Especially with farm fresh eggs.

I also debuted the super top secret, cross-my-heart-I'll-never-reveal carrot cake recipe given to me by Sarah's husband Josh.  Bouyed by successful bread baking, I got a little cocky and tossed aside my Betty Crocker stand-by in favor of a cake containing real carrots, raisins, coconut and about six cups of sugar topped by a buttermilk glaze.  You know...the kind that usually goes on donuts.

While everyone seemed to enjoy it, it didn't taste nearly as good as it did when Josh made it.  I think I did something wrong.  I have no idea what....just...something.  Regardless, everyone ate it and even asked for slices to take home.  Even more importantly, no one ended up in the hospital with food poisoning.  I suppose that makes for a successful baking experience.

Next time, though, I'm hiring Josh.

After brunch, we headed outside for an Easter Egg Hunt.  Benny and Joseph ran around the yard searching high and low for eggs.

They found all but two of the hard boiled eggs.  Thankfully, Boppa, helped us find the missing duo before they started to smell.

After the brunch and egg hunt madness, everyone left, we did three loads of dishes and...relaxed. 

No comments: