Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Little Purple Hair Boy

Or

How I Got Joseph to Eat His Veggies

Once upon a time, there lived a little boy named Joseph. Joseph was three years old and had beautiful blue eyes. His favorite color was blue and he had purple hair.

Joseph loved to eat macaroni and cheese, pizza, and strawberries. What Joseph didn't like to eat was his vegetables.

Every night, his mommy gave him a big scoop of green beans, carrots or broccoli. Every night, Joseph wrinkled his nose and said, "That's disgusting!"

"But vegetables are delicious! And they'll help you grow big and strong." No matter how hard she tried, she could never get her little purple haired boy to eat his vegetables.

One day, Joseph noticed that his pants were a little bit too long.

"Mommy! My pants are too long."

"You'd better eat your vegetables at dinner tonight."

"I don't want to!"

The next day, he noticed his shoes were a little bit too big.

"Mommy! My shoes are too big!"

"You'd better eat your vegetables."

"I don't want to! They don't taste good."

Every day, Joseph, the little purple-haired boy noticed he was getting smaller and smaller. Pretty soon, he was so little he couldn't ride his tricycle. Then he got so little he couldn't pick up his color crayons. Pretty soon, he was so tiny, his mommy couldn't find him!

"Mommy!"

"I can't see you!"

"Mommy! I'm right here! I'm tiny," he said in a little squeeky voice.

"Where are you, my little purple haired son?"

"Right here!" Joseph cried. Mommy put her finger on her chin and started to think very, very hard.

"How can we make you grow bigger again? Hmmm..." She put her finger in the air. "I've got it! Why don't you try to eat some veggies. Maybe that will help."

"Okay!" said Joseph in his teeny, tiny voice. Mommy quickly chopped up a carrot into little pieces.

"Here," she said, "try this!" Joseph grabbed a piece and put it in his mouth.

"Ewwww! This tastes like garb--wait! This is actually pretty good." Joseph gobbled up the carrot as fast as he could. Suddenly he felt a little tingle and his hands and feet started to get bigger. "It's working, Mommy!"

Joseph's mommy served up a pile of green beans."

"Not green beans! They taste disgus--really, really yummy!" Joseph at the green beans as fast as his mommy could cook them. Suddenly his legs and arms started getting longer.

"Try some of this broccoli." Joseph put a piece in his mouth, chewing slowly.

"I think I like broccoli." Joseph ate all the vegetables his mommy put in front of him. Pretty soon, he was back to his regular size. "I'm always going to eat my vegetables from now on."

The End

No comments: