Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Farewell to Milk

It's time for spring cleaning in Mandyland. I'm going through and deleting posts that I started but never finished or finished and, for some reason, never posted.

I found this gem from August 29 of last year. Elizabeth was just a few weeks old and I was looking at starting an elimination diet. I wrote this little ditty to the tune of Simon and Garfunkel's Sound of Silence. I just couldn't delete it.



Goodbye dairy, my old friend.
Time to say farewell again.
No more cheese and no more milk,
My cereal will need Silk
And the sleepless nights that we've spent
Will relent.
With the sounds of silence.


On restless nights I walk with her.
Around the room in a blur.
The sweeping hand of the clock
Passes by and it mocks
As I stare at the sun, rising instead
Of my bed.
Without the silence.

Her face is peaceful on my arm.
I keep her safe from all harm.
Oh sweetness, hush, no more tears.
Let me ease all your fears.
And the world will be so still
And I will
Hear the sounds of silence.

No comments: