Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Wow.

Wow. Just. Wow.

We popped the champagne and toasted change. We cried and we laughed. We watched an amazing speech by an amazing American hero and then watched the President-elect take the stage. It was a historic evening.

I could write for hours about the poll watching, the nail biting, the frantic calls between family and friends. I could post about which websites had the best information and the fact that we were total nerds using a TV, two laptops and four phones. I could write about Joseph crying out, "No more Mommy TV" when I changed the station from Noggin to CNN. I could post about being proud to be a witness to history. I could talk about the victory at the White House and the apparent victory of a proposition I feel violates civil rights and promotes discrimination.

Tomorrow.

Right now, I'm going to bed. It's been an emotional night and the champagne is going straight to my head.

1 comment:

Heather T - sloCooking said...

Come check out your Kreativ Blogger {Award} at slocooking.blogspot.com! ~ Heather