Thursday, October 28, 2010

Help. Me.

I'm typing this in the closet.  On the other side of the door, my house has been overtaken by two small natives.  I can hear the crashing of toys being pulled from their shelves and the screeching of maniacal laughter brought on by a combination of drugs and lack of sleep.

I'm afraid.

Very, very afraid.

As I type, the smallest is banging against the door incessantly chanting, "Mamamamamamamamamama."  The high pitched sound of her usually sweet voice is boring into my sleep deprived brain.

I just heard a toy bin being tossed across the room and the squeak of the bed means that someone is jumping.  Elizabeth is now talking on my phone.  To someone in China, most likely. 



Dear Lord.

I don't know how long it will take them to find my hiding place.  I don't know how I'm going to survive.  If you don't hear from me over the next couple of days, it means that the natives have overtaken me and I'm curled up in a corner in the fetal position.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? and I agreed to babysit for you? Hmmm after posts like these I may have to change my mind. No wonder you jumped on the opportunity. :)

Yuliya said...

You know what they should do to spice up Survivor, add babies!

Biomouse said...

That was hilarious! I don't have kids, but it is fun to watch all the blogging lovelies out there deal with theirs.Whirling dervishes!

Kristi said...

No use fighting it, there's no hope...It was nice knowing you Mandy!

Anonymous said...

Kendra - Without you, I wouldn't have gotten the Break to Save My Sanity.

Yuliya - Dude. Those kids wouldn't last past the first "make a diaper out of a banana leaf" challenge. The token older crew? Maybe.

Biomouse - I remember watching. And laughing. And saying, "How funny." A long, long time ago. In a dream. lol

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.