Sunday, August 15, 2010

Wedding Bells

Last weekend, Elizabeth and I had the great pleasure of watching my friend James marry his long-time love Erin in a valley presided over by a soaring hillside while the scent of sage filled the air and the sound of laughter echoed across the green grass.

James and I were roommates way back "in the day".  I have to say he was one of my favorite roomies.  He never, ever borrowed my clothes, make up or shoes.  He always killed the spiders.  And, most important, he like watching Buffy and X-Files

His love affair with Erin began long ago and, watching them exchange their vows, I'm happy to say that I can't see it ever ending.  Seeing them with their daughters, I just knew I was looking at a strong love, a partnership that will go the distance.  James looks at Erin as if she were a goddess.  Erin looks at James as if he can move mountains.

They were, perhaps, one of the most relaxed wedding couples I've ever seen.  They laughed while saying their vows.  They smiled and chatted with the audience of family and friends.  It was informal, lively, fun and, well, the perfect reflection of them.

Elizabeth and I ate a delicious dinner.  We nibbled on cake and cookies, because this was one wedding with every imaginable dessert.  We danced and swayed to The Mighty Croon Dogs.  We stayed until her poor little legs got chilled., the bounce house was deflated, until the sun began to set. 

Congratulations James and Erin!  I wish you a lifetime of love and laughter.  You are well on your way already.

2 comments:

nosleepjames said...

Thank you Mandy for your kind words, so glad we are friends.

James

Anonymous said...

Ditto, James. :D