Friday, November 21, 2008

Addicted

I have found a new addiction. Knitting looms.

I've danced around them for a while, intrigued by their round-peggedness. They remind me of the pot holder loom I played with as a little girl. Finally, Wednesday, I caved into the lure of a clearance rack and bought one. I haven't stopped knitting (or is it called "looming"?) since.

So far, the result has been five hats...each in a different type of yarn, each adorable in their own way. My favorite is a soft pink chenille newborn hat. I followed the directions...yes...I'll wait while you re-read those last few words...I followed the directions and ended up with a tiny piece of fluffiness that I'm sure won't fit anything bigger than a doll. I held it in my hands and looked over at Joseph. Hard to believe that his head used to be so tiny.

Yes. Yes. You want pictures. Patience my blogger friends. I'll be posting a ton of pictures as soon as I can stop purling and knitting.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

So, do these looms require any actual knitting? I am addicted to little knit hats but I do not know how to knit. One day, I shall learn!