Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Today

Do you know what today is? Let me tell you...

It's release day!

Pause: For those of you new to Mandyland, you should know that I'm an avid reader. Actually "avid" is too tame a word. Make that a voracious reader. I devour them - four or five a week. Sometimes more.

Onward...

Tuesdays in general are the release days for new books. Lately Tuesday's offerings have been dismal. Like any other business, book arrivals are either feast or famine. I've been in a famine. A great desolate period of drought. My appetite has been eased with re-reads and tepid new authors. Those bits and pieces of written word have sustained me through the hard times. But the hard times are over, my friends. September 30 heralds the beginning of a flood of new books by my favorite authors. From now until December, I will be able to find two or even three books a month. Hot new authors will join the ranks of old favorites. By the end of the year, I'll be able to lay back, bloated with the written word.

My first sample will be arriving with Chad in five minutes. There will be no dinner and starlight tonight. Chad's bringing Subway and I'm locking myself in my bedroom to disappear into Regency England and the lives of the Hathaways. I'll discover Merripen's dark secret and thrill to Win's triumphs.

Large release dates are better than Christmas. Better than dark chocolate melting over my tongue chased by a dark red wine. Better than bubble baths. (Actually heaven is a new book for Christmas read while taking a bubble bath, eating chocolate AND drinking wine.)

I hear the garage door opening!

No comments: